The Aims of Acklam Whin Primary
Acklam Whin Primary School identifies five key principles on which its aims and objectives are based. These five principles are:
We endeavour to develop the fullest potential of all the children in our care.
- Care, support and opportunity in our children’s lives and learning.
- High expectations leading to high achievement
- Securing inclusion for all our children.
- Developing learning teams and learning together
- Sustaining and building on high standards through working in partnership with our stakeholders.
The school aims to achieve this through:
- Establishing an effective climate and environment for children’s learning and social development.
- Teaching the skills and pleasures of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Developing the skills to use and appreciate mathematics and science.
- Creating opportunities for children to experience: the arts, their heritage and different cultures, places and times, and, develop their awareness of the increasingly technological world in which they live.
- Teaching and developing an appreciation of the children’s social relationships and their responsibilities.
- Setting high expectations of effort, achievement and behaviour.
- Supporting and celebrating each child’s achievement where we can.