“…always a chance for everyone”
“…preparing our children for their future”
At Acklam Whin there is a commitment to high achievement and to providing all children with a quality education, appropriate to their individual needs. All children, whatever their ability, gender, ethnic origin, social background or disability, have access to a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum. Our school sets high expectations of all of pupils in all areas of school life. We feel it is important to seek the views of our pupils and involve them in their own learning. Our school promotes positive partnerships with parents and carers, providing them with the opportunity to be involved in their child’s ongoing learning, progress and achievements in all areas of their development.
Our fully inclusive school has clear policies and procedures for ensuring the identification and support of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. At Acklam Whin we feel the most effective way to achieve this is by supporting all pupils and school staff through the use of an Inclusion Team approach which is currently comprised of the following members of staff:
- Mrs Marshall: Designated SENCo: responsible for Special Educational Needs in Learning through the operation of the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
- Mrs Short: Designated Teacher: also responsible for Looked After Children , Child Protection and E-safety.
- Miss McMaster: responsible for Special Educational Needs in Social, Emotional and Mental Health, Physical Needs and Health through the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
- Miss Todd: responsible for Attendance and Pupil and Parental Engagement
- Mr. Gamble: responsible for issues directly relating to Attendance, Ethnic Minority support and Racial Equality and Incident Monitoring, and, of course, the overall functioning of the Inclusion Team.
Parents and carers are always welcome to contact class teachers or the relevant member of the Inclusion Team at school should they have anything which they may like to discuss regarding their child’s progress or well-being.
For more information about the Middlesbrough Local Offer and SEN and Disability support from the local authority click on the following link.